As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT feature requests
Cappy
Re:OT feature requests 13 Years, 3 Months ago
ipassenger wrote:
Not done it on the OT yet but done it on the MD.

With the OT you could use one of the LFOs in one of the one shot modes (makes an envelope effectively) routed to ratio and/or threshold depending on how you had it set up. Then just put the triggers on the step you want side chaining.. though that would mean triggering the sound as well.

If you use p-locks you could slide between values to smooth out any sudden changes.

got it.. many thanks for sharing that one
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
i'd like to request something very humble and simple, solo mode.

what do elektron have against soloing?
King Koopa
goofypriest wrote:
i'd like to request something very humble and simple, solo mode.

what do elektron have against soloing?

You can do soloing in the Mixerpage. I'd also love to have soloing by some [Function]+Track keycombo.
King Koopa
Steril707 wrote:
darenager wrote:
Steril707 wrote:
darenager wrote:

And one more, I hope they work a little bit on the quality of the timestretch engine. I have had some tracks which sounded a little bit strange only after 3 BPMs difference. Doesn't occur on all tracks though.

Okay, found out that this was my fault. I had a chorus fx in that track, which I had forgot (at the moment normally I just use the multifilter). So the wobbling audio was due to the chorus, not the timestretch algo.

Timestretch is rocksolid so far..
Game & Watch
Re:OT feature requests 13 Years, 2 Months ago
Few more from me:

1. When a sample is sliced, the start parameter on the playback page changes to slice number - so 1 increment = 1 slice, the slice knob to be scaled so that no matter what division you use the knob will work 1-1, maybe don't replace the current way but have the option in playback setup, this would ensure backwards compatibility.

2. Given the above, it would be great to have the crossfader scene mappable to slice number, this way you can easily stutter the audio on a slices loop with precision. The current set up allows this to a fashion, by way of the start parameter, but the fractions in between each slice render it a tad unprecise.

3. Lockable/fixable loop window - Set the loop points to say 1 bar in an 8 bar sample, then lock down the points so that they may be shifted around the sample to pick an alternate bar, this would make chopping up long samples nice and quick, just move the loop and save the selection as a new sample. Also maybe this loop lock could be p-locked for off kilter shifting, and of couse setting a really small loop would be similar to grain shifting, especially when combined with the LFOs, crossfader etc.

4. Slice playback options - Select a slice in the editor and choose if it is played back forward, reverse, fixed - meaning it is immune to playback parameter locks aside from its address via the start parameter - this would be good for allowing some degree of normality on some steps, whilst the rest of the sample is subject to extreme realtime mangling by way of scenes etc.

Let me know what you think!
Boo
Allerian wrote:
KryoShift wrote:
I asked for a Granular Machine (at some point beyond 1.0) if the OT has the power

Kind of does it already using Flex with very close start and end points. However I agree that a dedicated machine would be great. The controls of the Granular Machine could be Start, Length, Sweep Amount, and Sweep Rate.

I'd like to have control over time/ms length of each grain and number of grains, too. Unless Sweep Amount and Rate are just other names for that
ark
Chain Chomp
rennweg wrote:
I would also like to be able to shift/rotate/move the values for every step in a pattern one step to the left or right, like it is possible in most sequencers.

This feature is described in the online manual for 0.99D on page 48: Hold down [FUNCTION] and press [LEFT] or [RIGHT] while in grid recording mode.
King Koopa
I would like to be able to recall scenes in A/B pairs. Maybe another tier of scene presets where you hold down both scene buttons to recall a scene set.
ark
Chain Chomp
I've asked Elektron for a "Copy scene" function. It is important that the destination of the copy be capable of being a scene that is neither the current A nor the current B -- it is less important for the source.

Here's why I want it. I want to be able to select a scene and copy it to a scene I'm not currently using. Make the current scene A and the other one B. Now, I can tweak anything I want in the scene and use the crossfader to transition back to where things were before.

That's a nice thing to be able to do from a purely musical viewpoint, because it's a musical form that has been used for literally hundreds of years. The 18th-century French composers called it "Rondeau;" elsewhere, "Rondo" became more popular. In the 1960's, the Dave Brubeck Quartet recorded their famous "Blue Rondo à la Turk," which you can hear here.

In all cases, the form is the same: Play something, play something else, go back to the original music, play something else yet again, go back to the original, and so on. In other words, A,B,A,C,A,D,...A. Easy to do on MD with [FUNCTION]+[CLASSIC/EXTENDED] to reload the pattern; easy to do on OT if you can copy scenes. I can't figure out how to do it without copying scenes.
Game & Watch
darenager wrote:
Few more from me:

1. When a sample is sliced, the start parameter on the playback page changes to slice number - so 1 increment = 1 slice, the slice knob to be scaled so that no matter what division you use the knob will work 1-1, maybe don't replace the current way but have the option in playback setup, this would ensure backwards compatibility.

2. Given the above, it would be great to have the crossfader scene mappable to slice number, this way you can easily stutter the audio on a slices loop with precision. The current set up allows this to a fashion, by way of the start parameter, but the fractions in between each slice render it a tad unprecise.

3. Lockable/fixable loop window - Set the loop points to say 1 bar in an 8 bar sample, then lock down the points so that they may be shifted around the sample to pick an alternate bar, this would make chopping up long samples nice and quick, just move the loop and save the selection as a new sample. Also maybe this loop lock could be p-locked for off kilter shifting, and of couse setting a really small loop would be similar to grain shifting, especially when combined with the LFOs, crossfader etc.

4. Slice playback options - Select a slice in the editor and choose if it is played back forward, reverse, fixed - meaning it is immune to playback parameter locks aside from its address via the start parameter - this would be good for allowing some degree of normality on some steps, whilst the rest of the sample is subject to extreme realtime mangling by way of scenes etc.

Let me know what you think!

For number 3, maybe the crossfader could be employed in the trim screen to move the loop points!
Go to top Post Reply